White Plains Homeowners Coalition has been formed as a response to high property taxes, in equitable re-distribution of paid in property tax dollars, declining quality of life, declining school standings and a failing City wide infrastructure.
It is time for our leaders to address the concerns of the small dis-enfranchised White Plains close-in neighborhood property tax payers.
Going forward WPHOC will assist our member base engage in public activism, while attempting to raise the public’s awareness and political response in the following areas:
- WPHOC will push for lower County and City property taxes while lobbying for a property tax cap.
- WPHOC will assist our members file for property tax challenges on an ongoing annual basis. This right is not often exercised by the lower and middle income homeowners residing in White Plains close in neighborhoods.
- WPHOC will focus on eliminating inadequate or un-necessary government operations and employees.
- WPHOC will work to end all City of White Plains, Westchester County and New York State irresponsible spending and un-sustainable fiscal policies.
- WPHOC will focus maximum efforts on changing the rapidly declining quality of life in our close in neighborhoods, while demanding change and protections for the 1-2 family property tax payers residing in their own homes.
- WPHOC will lobby for public safety improvements and demand strict enforcement of all existing City of White Plains, Westchester County and NY State laws.
- WPHOC will demand strict enforcement of our municipalities; building, zoning, sanitation, traffic and parking laws. All our City’s laws must be enforced equitably and must apply to all.
- WPHOC management will pro-actively assist our members and non-members alike address; local close in neighborhood concerns, communicate on their behalf with city, county, state officials in an effort to resolve ongoing problems.
- WPHOC management will provide all WPHOC members and non-members with a conduit to communicate their individual opinions or concerns too all municipal leaders and public agency personal at every level of government through our new WPHOC email system.
In the coming months WPHOC will be working to see that this change occurs. None of us can afford the business as usual approach any longer. Radical policy and operational procedures changes must occur at all levels of government and we look forward to hearing from many of you in the coming months.
It is clear****our local, state, county and federal leaders just don’t get*** change is coming and change is necessary. Thank you and please contact us with information, comments or concerns 24/7.
Mike McConnell, Pres.